The history of this multi-generation, family-owned business
The Three-Generation History of Sheridan Nursery Peoria
Sheridan Road Nursery was established at its current 3823 N. Sheridan location in Peoria, IL during the late 1930’s.
In 1959, Sheridan Road Nursery was purchased by Harry Dixon.
In 1968 with the passing of Harry Dixon, sons John & Joel took over the company.
John & Joel incorporated in 1977 and changed the name to Sheridan Nursery, Inc.
From 1986-1995, we operated satellite locations: 86-89: Arcadia Greenhouse, 90-95: Sears Gardens
Second Location Opened
In 1996, we opened our second, permanent location at 3012 Alta Lane, Peoria, IL
Ownership Transfer Begins
In 2010, the transfer of ownership began for the third generation of the family: Mark & Scott.
In 2014, the third generation of owners became official: Mark and Scott.
Celebrating 80 years of service to the Peoria area and we look forward to many more.